To enter Kindergarten in the 2017-18 school year, a child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2017.  To enter Transitional Kindergarten, a child must turn five between September 2, 2017 and December 2, 2017. Parents should register their children with the school serving their residence area. Proof of residence may be required. We have an online school locator program located under "Schools" on our main page. Parents can input their address and find out their resident school.

The following are required to register a child: (1) proof of date of birth is required (birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or other legal proof), (2) two forms verifying proof of residency, and (3) the child's written immunization record from a physician, nurse, or health department. Children must be immunized for MMR - measles, mumps and rubella (German measles), polio, DTaP - diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (whooping cough), Hepatitis B and Varicella (chicken pox) prior to school entry.  A temporary or permanent medical exemption to one or more of the immunizations may be granted under certain circumstances if a licensed physician provides documentation.

For information regarding placement in the Hands-on Thematic Learning Community program, contact Hooker Oak School, 891-3119.
For information regarding placement in the Academics Plus program, contact Sierra View School, 891-3117.
For information regarding the Two-Way Immersion program, contact Rosedale Elementary, 891-3104.
For information regarding the STEM program (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math), contact Parkview Elementary, 891-3114.

Chico Unified School District now has online registration for all of our schools.  Please click here for more information: 

For a discussion of things to know about Kindergarten, please see Success in Kindergarten.


There are two ways to register:  Families may use the online registration AIR  or students in Chico should contact their school of residence. The following numbers are the school registrars’ phone numbers - Bidwell Jr. High at 530-891-3080 ext. 113, Chico Jr. High at 530-891-3066 ext. 209, Marsh Jr. High at 530-895-4112.  To find your school of residence please go to
During the summer break please leave a message for the school registrar or you may register on line.


Students currently enrolled in a Chico Unified School District Junior High will automatically be enrolled with their high school of residence.

Registration for new Chico Unified School District students or change of high school students please check the website of the school for current enrollment information.  Links below…

Chico High School:

Pleasant Valley High School:
To find your school of residence please go to