How Can People Protect Themselves
How Can People Protect Themselvestitle
The best way to prevent the spread of illness, including: seasonal flu, novel coronavirus and other respiratory illness is to practice everyday illness prevention steps:
- Washing hands with soap and water.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home if you are sick, especially from work, school and public places.
- Following guidance from public health officials.
Facial Coverings are Requirements
Facial Coverings are Requirementstitle
An acceptable face covering includes cloth face coverings and surgical masks. A face covering must be worn when on campus.
Wearing a face covering prevents a person from spreading respiratory droplets while talking, singing, breathing or coughing. Facial coverings primarily protect other people in case the wearer is asymptomatic or unknowingly infected with COVID-19.
All CUSD staff and students are required to wear a facial covering while indoors on a school campus. If a student or staff member is unable to wear a facial covering due to medical reasons, the medical exemption issued by a Licensed Health Care Practitioner must be on file in the school office.
Facial coverings should be worn at all times including:
- While on any school site or district facility
- While on the school bus
- While engaged in work and interacting in person with another person (if students are present and for those unvaccinated)
- While working in any space visited by multiple people (if students are present and for those unvaccinated)
Acceptable forms of facial coverings include:
- Cloth facial coverings (with two or more layers)
- Disposable surgical masks
- Facial shields WITH a drape
Facial coverings NOT allowed on campus include:
- Masks with exhalation valves or vents
Wear Your Facial Covering Properly
Wear Your Facial Covering Properlytitle
Wear your Mask Correctly
- Wash your hands before putting on your mask
- Put it over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face
- Make sure you can breathe easily