An acceptable face covering includes cloth face coverings and disposable surgical masks. A face covering must be worn when indoors on a school campus with students present (regardless of vaccination status).
Wearing a face covering prevents a person from spreading respiratory droplets while talking, singing, breathing or coughing. Facial coverings primarily protect other people in case the wearer is asymptomatic or unknowingly infected with COVID-19.
All CUSD staff and students are required to wear a facial covering while indoors on a school campus. If a student or staff member is unable to wear a facial covering due to medical reasons, the medical exemption issued by a licensed health care practitioner must be on file in the school office.
Facial coverings should be worn by students and parents/guardian indoor at all times including:
- While indoors on any school site or district facility
- While on the school bus
- While engaged in work and interacting in person with another person (if students are present and for those unvaccinated)
- While working in any space visited by multiple people (if students are present and for those unvaccinated)
Acceptable forms of facial coverings include:
- Cloth facial coverings (with two or more layers)
- Disposable surgical masks
- Facial shields WITH a drape
Facial coverings NOT allowed on campus include:
- Masks with exhalation valves or vents