Chico Unified School District follows the California Department of Public Health and Butte County Public Health Department quarantine protocols. There are two possible quarantine options for elementary students.
1. At Home (10 Day Quarantine)*
In the traditional 10 Day Quarantine, your child remains home for a minimum of 10 days after the last date of exposure to the Close Contact. School personnel will contact you to determine when your child may return to school.
* California Department of Public Health has announced an additional option to return students safely back to campus on Day 8. To utilize this option of early return, your student must take a COVID-19 test on Day 5, 6 or 7. Students may return to school on Day 8 provided they present the student's negative COVID-19 test.
If you choose an “At Home” Quarantine Option, you will need to work with school personnel in regards to how schoolwork will be made available to your child during their absence.
2. Modified Quarantine (10 Day Quarantine)*
Modified quarantine applies only if BOTH students were masked. Asymptomatic, unvaccinated students exposed to COVID-19 may qualify to continue to attend school under a modified quarantine provided they meet the following criteria per California Department of Public Health (CDPH):
- Student must have no symptoms.
- Students will be required to wear masks indoors and strongly encouraged to wear masks outdoors.
- Per Butte County Public Health, testing should occur as soon as possible after being exposed to someone with COVID-19. Students eligible for a modified quarantine are REQUIRED to TEST TWICE A WEEK for their quarantine period. Families participating in the Modified Quarantine should be prepared to show proof of student's COVID-19 test results.
- Does not participate in extra curricular activities in school or community setting (including sports, clubs, etc.).
- Agree for your student to participate in daily wellness checks.
If your student selects the Modified Quarantine Option, they will need to report to the office for their first daily health screening. Parents may utilize the ParentSquare App to submit online “Daily Health Screenings” for the remainder of the Modified Quarantine Period.
OPTIONAL 7-DAY QUARANTINE With Negative COVID-19 Test (Requires proof of negative COVID-19 test.) If test specimen is collected Day 5, 6 or Day 7 from the last date of exposure and results are negative, student may return to participating in extra curricular activities in school or community setting (including sports, clubs, etc.).
Please avoid contact with higher-risk individuals (e.g., grandparents and those with underlying medical conditions).
CONTINUE MONITORING HEALTH DAILY
Symptoms related to COVID-19 to watch for are listed below. Contact your doctor if you or any member of your family/household develop any of these symptoms.
∙ Fever above 100.4
∙ Nasal Congestion
∙ Runny Nose
∙ Muscle or Body Aches
∙ Shortness of Breath
∙ New Loss of Taste or Smell