Chico Unified School District Expectations
Chico Unified School District Expectationstitle
In support of the Board adopted goals, Chico Unified staff will:
- Remember that the most fundamental and important relationship in the teaching/learning process is that between the teacher and the student.
Demonstrate that all students are our students
- Be responsible, individually and collectively, for each child’s success
- Ensure that we meet the needs of all students
- Provide positive learning environments, in and out of the classroom
Demonstrate that students and families are our first priority:
- Focus on teacher-parent and school-family communications
- Inform parents about their child’s progress on a regular basis
- Return calls or emails from parents in a timely manner
Fully Implement Professional Learning Communities
- Focus instruction and collaboration on the following four questions:
- What do we want students to know?
- How do we know if students know it?
- How do we respond when students do not know it?
- How do we extend learning and provide enrichment when students do know it?
- Collaborate with peers to improve teaching and learning
- During weekly collaboration time
- During department meetings, grade-level meetings, and other established site-level times
- Teach to the adopted standards, utilizing state- and board-adopted instructional materials
- Administer district- and site-level common assessments
- Adjust instruction to improve learning, based on evidence gathered from classroom and common assessments
- Monitor and adjust our district budget to ensure solvency, local control of our schools, and optimum benefit from the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF)