Photo of Kinder kids and graphic,
Welcome Kindergarteners!

Welcome_Kindergarteners! iconWelcome Kindergarteners!title

Photo of mom and daughter walking to school.

Kindergarten registration for the 2021-22 school year is here!

To enter Kindergarten in the fall, a child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2021. To enter Transitional Kindergarten, a child must turn five between September 2, 2021 and December 2, 2021. 

How it Works

Parents should register their children at the school serving their residence area (proof of residence is required). Parents are strongly encouraged to register during the designated dates because priority will be assigned based on the date of registration. The time of day that registration occurs will not constitute a priority. 

View the 2021-22 Registration Flyer. CLICK HERE
Please note that Optional Program applications are due by Tuesday, January 5, 2021 to be in the lottery for Hooker Oak and Rosedale.  Form 10 School of Choice applications are due by Thursday, January 21, 2021 for first priority placement opportunities. You must still register at your resident school prior to submitting a Form 10.
The Kindergarten teachers of Chico Unified School District would like to welcome you and your child to school. We hope your child is looking forward to the first school experience with a feeling of delight and anticipation. Read our tips for success in Kindergarten.
Form 10 (application window opens on December 7, 2020)

Form_10_(application_window_opens_on_December_7,_2020) icon
Form 10 (application window opens on December 7, 2020)

How Do I Find My Resident School

How_Do_I_Find_My_Resident_School iconHow Do I Find My Resident Schooltitle

How Do I Find My Resident School

Regardless of which program or school you would like your student to attend, you must first register at your resident school. To find your resident school, please use our online school locator program. Input your home address and find out your resident school.

What Is Required to Register My Child

What_Is_Required_to_Register_My_Child iconWhat Is Required to Register My Childtitle

The following are required to register your child:

  1. Proof of date of birth (birth certificate, birth record, passport, baptismal certificate, affidavit of the parent, guardian or custodian of the minor or other legal proof),
  2. Two forms verifying proof of residency, and
  3. Written immunization record from a physician, nurse, or health department. 

Children must be immunized for MMR - measles, mumps and rubella (German measles), polio, DTaP - diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (whooping cough), Hepatitis B, and Varicella (chicken pox) prior to school entry.  State law requires students beginning Kindergarten have all required immunizations.  Students missing immunizations will not be able to start school until we received these records.

We Have More Than One Option

We_Have_More_Than_One_Option iconWe Have More Than One Optiontitle

Photo of Parkview Principal and PTA

Chico Unified School District is excited to offer traditional and alternative programs such as:

Applications for these alternative programs, as well as Form 10 School of Choice applications, are now available. Please note: Form 10 forms are due by Friday, January 22, 2021 for first priority placement opportunities. You must still register at your resident school prior to submitting a Form 10.

After School Care

After_School_Care iconAfter School Caretitle

Before and after school programs are available. Learn more about:

Questions? iconQuestions?title

To learn more about the incredible things happening in Chico Unified School District, please visit:

For specific questions, you can contact our Educational Services Department at (530) 891-3000 ext. 20137 or via email.

For information regarding the:

  • Hands-on Thematic Learning Community program, contact Hooker Oak School, 891‑3119;
  • Academics Plus program, contact Sierra View School, 891‑3117;
  • STEM Program, contact Parkview School at 891-3114; and for
  • Two-Way Immersion Program, contact Rosedale School, 891-3104. 


Applications for these alternative programs, as well as Form 10 School of Choice applications, will be available online at the time of registration. All children will be enrolled, but some may have to attend a school other than the one serving their residence area.


We are always happy to provide tours, and we look forward to showing you all the incredible things that happen at Chico Unified School District!

Photo of Ed Services and Principal
Schedule a School Tour

Schedule_a_School_Tour iconSchedule a School Tourtitle

Email Me a Copy
I'm not a Robot.
Thank you for your submission.