TK & Kindergarten registration for the 2023-24 school year is here!
How it Works
Parents should register their children at the school serving their residence area (proof of residence is required). Parents are strongly encouraged to register during the designated dates because priority will be assigned based on the date of registration. The time of day that registration occurs will not constitute a priority.
Form 10 (application window opens on December 5, 2022)
How Do I Find My Resident School
How Do I Find My Resident School
Regardless of which program or school you would like your student to attend, you must first register at your resident school. To find your resident school, please use our online school locator program. We have a comprehensive Master List of Streets for you to locate your residential school.
What Is Required to Register My Child
The following are required to register your child:
- Proof of date of birth (birth certificate, birth record, passport, baptismal certificate, affidavit of the parent, guardian or custodian of the minor or other legal proof),
- Two forms verifying proof of residency, and
- Written immunization record from a physician, nurse, or health department.
Children must be immunized for MMR - measles, mumps and rubella (German measles), polio, DTaP - diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (whooping cough), Hepatitis B, and Varicella (chicken pox) prior to school entry. State law requires students beginning Kindergarten have all required immunizations. Students missing immunizations will not be able to start school until we received these records.
We Have More Than One Option
Chico Unified School District is excited to offer traditional and alternative programs such as:
- Transitional Kindergarten (a fun and educational program for children who turn five between September 2, 2023 and April 2, 2024)
- Traditional Kindergarten (for children five years old on or before September 1, 2023)
- Hands-on Thematic Learning Community Program (project based, exploratory learning)
- STEM Program (Science Technology Engineering Arts & Mathematics emphasis)
- Two-Way Immersion Program (Spanish/English learning)
Applications for these alternative programs, as well as Form 10 School of Choice applications, are now available. Please note: Form 10 forms are due by Friday, January 20, 2023 for first priority placement opportunities. You must still register at your resident school prior to submitting a Form 10.
After School Care
To learn more about the incredible things happening in Chico Unified School District, please visit: www.chicousd.org.
For specific questions, you can contact our Educational Services Department at (530) 891-3000 ext. 20137 or via email.
For information regarding the:
- Hands-on Thematic Learning Community program, contact Hooker Oak School, 891‑3119;
- STEM Program, contact Parkview School at 891-3114; and for
- Two-Way Immersion Program, contact Rosedale School, 891-3104.
Applications for these alternative programs, as well as Form 10 School of Choice applications, will be available online at the time of registration. All children will be enrolled, but some may have to attend a school other than the one serving their residence area.
We are always happy to provide tours, and we look forward to showing you all the incredible things that happen at Chico Unified School District!