Substitute Application packets can be picked-up from the District Office Monday-Thursday between 8:0am - 3:00pm only. When you pick up the application packet, you can schedule a Livescan appointment with us. Once we have received your clearance from the Department of Justice, you will be notified and at that time you can return with your completed application to the District Office.
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A completed CUSD Certificated Substitute Teaching Application
- Original valid California Teaching Credential or Emergency Permit
- A copy of basic skills test (CBEST, CSET, etc.)
- A copy of a negative TB Test (less than 1 year old)
- CUSD Safety Training Clearance (Click here to access)
If you need to apply for a 30-Day Substitute Permit, you will need to bring in the following:
- Official transcripts showing your BA degree
- Original CBEST or CSET (including writing) results
If you have questions, please contact Heather Deaver at (530) 891-3000, ext. 142.