Positive Behavior Intervention Supports
Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS)- PBIS is a prevention model that is based on the premise that all students can benefit from well-implemented, evidence-based practices for improving student behavior.
Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS) helps:
- create and sustain positive school climates
- address the behavioral needs of all students with proven, easy to implement strategies
- allows schools to create the “right fit” for students, so that practices are appropriate to the context and sustainable over time
- results in increased time for instruction and fewer disciplinary incidents
- is affordable to implement and maintain