Substitute Application Process
Substitute Application Processtitle
- Schedule an appointment for Livescan by calling (530) 891-3000, x20122. The cost for the Livescan is $35, payable by cash, check or card.
- Pick up the substitute application packet from the Chico Unified School District reception desk.
- Once Chico Unified receives your Livescan clearance from the Department of Justice you will be notified and at that time you may return to turn in your application packet. The following documents must be submitted with the application.
- A valid California Teaching Credential OR Emergency 30-Day Permit
- A completed CUSD Substitute Teaching Application Packet
- Copy of a negative TB test (within the last 60 days)
- Printout of CUSD/Keenan Safeschool Training (click here for link to training)