Our Chico Unified staff members are excited to begin utilizing distance learning technology. Accessing these new platforms may be challenging for some families (especially those with young children or special needs). We will continue to provide resources to help parents navigate this new digital platform.
A Parent Technology Support has been established to help families navigate technology and software issues. Staff will be available Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. If you need technology assistance, please call (530) 801-2716.
Families without Internet may find the following options useful.
- Internet Essentials from Comcast
- FREE XFINITY Internet Hotspots - Learn about FREE hotspot locations across Chico
- FREE Cellphones - The CA Lifeline Program provides families who qualify with free phones and a mobile hot-spot for Chromebooks (5 GB every month)
- For more help, please contact your schools sites Targeted Case Manager
Securly is a cloud based web filter that Chico Unified uses to meet the Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA) compliance with our student Chromebooks on and off our network. Some of the features of the Securly Parent Portal are the ability to view browsing history and block access to additional websites.
- i-Ready - A Quick Guide for Parents
- Login to i-Ready (Select 'Log in with Google' option)
- Frequently Asked Questions & Troubleshooting Guide